Chowka Bara 5 Houses Board Game
Chowka Bara 5 Houses Board Game
Introducing the exquisite Chowka Bara 5 House game set from Roll the Dice. Crafted from high-quality silk cloth and embroidered with silk thread, this game set is not only beautiful but also durable. The game set comes with pawns expertly made by artisans from Channapatna, known for their traditional lacquerware making skills.
The set comes in a bright red tin box that not only adds a pop of color to your game evening but also helps keep the game set in great condition for years to come. Whether you're playing with friends and family or looking for a unique gift, the Chowka Bara 5 House game set from Roll the Dice is the perfect choice.
About Chowka Bara
Chowka Baara is an exciting and engaging indoor game that is popular in India. It involves rolling cowrie shells, known as kavade, to determine the next move. This game not only tests players' patience, strategy, and critical thinking skills, but it is also a great way to bring family and friends together and create lasting memories.
Ages: 4yrs +
Inside the box
Soft and fine silk mat with dimensions 12 x 12 inches
Game is embroidered with silk thread
Handcrafted pawns with Vegetable dye colors(Lacquer) from Channapattana
Each pawn is of height 1 inch and 0.25inch diameter.
Four pieces of Orangey Orange pawns
Four pieces of Cherry Red pawns
Four pieces of Pineapple Yellow pawns
Four pieces of Basil Green pawns
Four pieces of Natural Black Cowrie shell ( Kavade )
A small bag to pack the pawns and Cowrie shells
A play instruction document
6x6x2 inch Tin Box to package all the above
Playing Chowka Bara offers a rich blend of skill-building opportunities for children. Here are some of the key skills and capabilities that can be developed:
- Strategic Thinking: Deciding which pawn to move and when to form a "gatti" requires planning and foresight.
- Problem-Solving: Navigating through opponent pawns and avoiding being "taken out" involves quick thinking and problem-solving.
- Mathematical Skills: Counting the number of blocks to move and understanding the values of the kavade set (cowrie shells) helps improve basic arithmetic skills.
- Teamwork: When played in teams, children learn the importance of collaboration and working towards a common goal.
- Sportsmanship: Learning to win graciously and lose with dignity are valuable life lessons.
- Turn-Taking: Waiting for one's turn and respecting the game's flow teaches patience and the importance of fairness.
- Emotional Regulation: Managing frustration when things don't go as planned and controlling excitement when winning helps in emotional maturity.
- Empathy: Understanding the opponent's strategy and predicting their moves can foster empathy and perspective-taking.
- Cultural Appreciation: Being a traditional Indian game, it also instills a sense of cultural heritage and tradition.
Fine Motor Skills:
- Hand-Eye Coordination: Rolling the kavade set and moving the pawns helps in developing fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
Chowka Bara is not just a game but a comprehensive skill-building activity that offers a balanced mix of cognitive, social, emotional, and physical development opportunities for children.