Navakankari + Sholo Gutti Games Set
Navakankari + Sholo Gutti Games Set
Roll the Dice is proud to offer high-quality Navakankari and Sholo Gutti game sets. Our Navakankari game set, also known as Nine Men's Morris, is a classic board game that has been enjoyed for centuries. The mat features a beautifully designed, high-quality board that is perfect for both casual and serious players.
Our Sholo Gutti mat, also known as Bead 16, is a traditional Indian game that has been enjoyed for generations. The mat features a beautifully crafted, high-quality board that is perfect for both casual and serious players.
Both of these game mats are not only fun and entertaining but also helps to improve strategic thinking, focus, and concentration. Whether you're a seasoned player or just starting out, our game mats are perfect for hours of fun with friends and family. With its compact size, you can take it with you wherever you go, making it easy to play on the go.
Experience the thrill and excitement of Navakankari and Sholo Gutti like never before with Roll the Dice's game mats.
Navakankari, also known as Nine Men's Morris, is a classic board game that has been enjoyed for centuries. It is played on a simple grid board with three concentric squares, and the goal is to get three of your pieces in a row, either horizontally, vertically, or diagonally. Players take turns placing their pieces on the board and moving them to adjacent spaces, trying to block their opponent's progress and create opportunities for themselves.
About Sholo Gutti
Sholo Gutti is a traditional outdoor game that is popular in India. It is a game of skill and accuracy that involves players trying to toss small wooden or stone discs into a small pit or goal. Players take turns tossing the discs from a designated starting point, trying to get as many as possible into the pit.
Inside the box
Two sets of soft and fine silk mat with dimensions 12x12 inches.
Game is embroidered with silk thread
Handcrafted pawns with Vegetable dye colors(Lacquer) from Channapattana
Orange pawn is of height 1.25 inch and 0.5inch diameter. Sixteen pieces of Orange color pawns.
Brown pawn is of height 1.25 inch and 0.5inch diameter. Sixteen pieces of Brown color pawns.
A small bag to pack the pawns
A play instruction document
8x6x4 inch Tin Box to package all the above
The skills and capabilities that could be developed would span multiple domains, amplifying the benefits of each individual game. Here's a breakdown:
- Strategic Thinking: Both games require planning and foresight, enhancing the child's ability to think strategically.
- Problem-Solving: The complex board layouts and rules will challenge kids to think critically and solve problems.
- Pattern Recognition: Identifying sequences in Navakankari and opportunities for captures in Sholo Gutti sharpens pattern recognition.
- Decision Making: With more variables and strategies to consider, decision-making skills are honed to a finer edge.
- Turn-Taking: Learning to wait and take turns is reinforced.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: In multi-player variations, kids learn the value of teamwork and strategic alliances.
- Sportsmanship: Both games teach the importance of winning and losing gracefully.
- Emotional Regulation: The ups and downs of both games help in managing emotions effectively.
- Resilience: The need to bounce back from setbacks in both games instills a sense of resilience.
- Quick Thinking: Especially in timed modes, children learn the importance of making quick, yet effective, decisions.
Fine Motor Skills:
- Hand-Eye Coordination: The act of placing or moving pieces in both games aids in the development of fine motor skills.
- Counting and Calculation: Keeping track of pieces and potential moves involves basic arithmetic skills.
Cultural and Linguistic Skills:
- Cultural Awareness: Playing traditional games can help children connect with their cultural roots.
- Language and Communication: Learning the rules and discussing strategies can enrich vocabulary and enhance communication skills.
- Versatility: Switching between two different sets of rules teaches adaptability and flexibility.
Focus and Attention:
- Concentration: The complexity of combining two games requires heightened focus and attention to detail.