Navakankari - Traditional Board Game
Navakankari - Traditional Board Game
Introducing Roll the Dice's Nine Men's Morris game board set! Navakankari, also known as Nine Men's Morris, is a classic board game that has been enjoyed for centuries. Our game board set features a beautifully designed, high-quality board that is perfect for both casual and serious players. The set also includes all the pieces you need to play the game, including 9 black pieces and 9 white pieces.
This game is not only fun and entertaining, but it also helps to improve strategic thinking and problem-solving skills. Whether you're a seasoned player or just starting out, our game board set is perfect for hours of fun with friends and family. With its compact size, you can take it with you wherever you go, making it easy to play on the go.
Don't miss out on the fun, order your Roll the Dice's Nine Men's Morris game board set today! Perfect for game night or any gathering.
Experience the thrill and excitement of Navakankari like never before with Roll the Dice's Nine Men's Morris game board set. Order now and get ready to roll the dice!
Navakankari, also known as Nine Men's Morris, is a classic board game that has been enjoyed for centuries. It is played on a simple grid board with three concentric squares, and the goal is to get three of your pieces in a row, either horizontally, vertically, or diagonally. Players take turns placing their pieces on the board and moving them to adjacent spaces, trying to block their opponent's progress and create opportunities for themselves.
Navakankari is a game of strategy and foresight, requiring players to think ahead and plan their moves carefully. It can be played by two people and is suitable for all ages. If you enjoy challenging your mind and testing your strategic skills, Navakankari is a great game to try.
Also called Navakankari, Nine Men’s Morris, Daadi game
Ages: 4yrs +
Inside the box
A soft and fine silk mat with dimensions 12 x 12 inches.
Game is embroidered with silk thread
Handcrafted pawns with Vegetable dye colors (lacquer) from Channapattna
Orange pawn is of height 1.25 inch and 0.5inch diameter. Nine pieces of Orange color pawns.
Brown pawn is of height 1.25 inch and 0.5inch diameter. Nine pieces of Brown color pawns.
A small bag to pack the pawns
A play instruction document
6x6x2 inch Tin Box to package all the above
Playing Navakankari offers a rich educational experience that can help children develop a range of skills and capabilities. Here are some of the key areas where kids can benefit:
- Strategic Thinking: The game requires players to think several steps ahead to form sequences and capture opponent pieces, much like chess.
- Pattern Recognition: Identifying opportunities to create sequences or block the opponent's sequences fosters pattern recognition skills.
- Problem-Solving: Deciding the best course of action when the board changes helps develop problem-solving abilities.
- Turn-Taking: The game teaches the importance of waiting for one's turn and respecting the rules, which is a crucial social skill.
- Sportsmanship: Learning how to win and lose gracefully is an important aspect of the game.
- Emotional Regulation: The game can be intense, requiring kids to manage their emotions, whether they are winning or losing.
- Risk Assessment: Deciding when to take a risk, like capturing an opponent's piece or forming a sequence, helps in understanding risk and reward.
- Counting and Calculation: Keeping track of the number of sequences formed or pieces captured involves basic counting and calculation skills.
Fine Motor Skills:
- Hand-Eye Coordination: Placing and moving the pieces on the board helps in developing fine motor skills.
- Cultural Heritage: Playing a traditional game like Navakankari helps children connect with their cultural roots, especially given its historical significance in Indian temples.
Language and Communication:
- Vocabulary: Learning terms like "sequence," "capture," and "adjacent" can enrich a child's vocabulary and understanding of language.
Navakankari is not just a game but a comprehensive educational tool that offers a balanced mix of cognitive, social, emotional, and cultural learning opportunities for children.