Pagade - Traditional Board Game
Pagade - Traditional Board Game
Experience the rich history and cultural heritage of India with RolltheDice's Pagade sets! Mentioned in the famous Hindu epic, the Mahabharata, Pagade is a beloved board game that has stood the test of time.
Our sets feature luxurious silk mats and vibrant, uniquely shaped pawns that add to the enjoyment of the game. Perfect for both individuals and teams of two, Pagade requires both luck and strategic thinking, as well as quick thinking and clever tactics to out-maneuver opponents.
Looking for a thrilling and challenging game to play with friends and family? Look no further than Pagade, available now from RolltheDice!
Pagade, also known as "Pachisi" or "Parcheesi", is a popular board game in India that has a rich history dating back to ancient times. The game is mentioned in the famous Hindu epic, the Mahabharata, and is believed to have been played by Indian royalty.
The game is played on a square board with a cross-shaped layout, and each player has four pawns that they must move around the board. The objective is to move all four pawns from the starting position to the finish line, while also trying to block the pawns of other players.
Pagade is a game that requires both luck and strategic thinking, as well as quick thinking and clever tactics to out-maneuver opponents. It can be played by individuals or teams of two, and is a great choice for those looking for a thrilling and challenging game to play with friends and family.
Also called Indian Cross and Circle Board Game, Pachisi, Pagade, Thayam, Ludo, Chaupar, Aksha Kreeda, Dayakattam, Chokkattan, Parchís, Chaupar, Mahabharatha , Ancient Indian Board Game
Ages: 4yrs +
Inside the box
Blue and Pink Silk mat with outer dimensions 34”x34”.
Game blocks are embroidered with silk thread
Handcrafted pawns coated in lacquer made by traditional artisans at Channapatna.
4 x 4 color pawns -1” height, 0.75” dia. (Colors: Jet Black, Bright Red, Pineapple Yellow, Basil Green)
Set of two long dice / daala (Dimensions 2.75”x0.5”x0.5”)
Bright Red colored Tin Box (6”x8”x2”) to help store the set.
Playing Pagade offers a comprehensive learning experience that can help children develop a variety of skills and capabilities. Here are some of the key areas where kids can benefit:
- Strategic Planning: Deciding which pawn to move, when to form a "jOdi," and how to navigate the board requires strategic thinking.
- Mathematical Reasoning: Understanding the dice rolls and calculating the best moves help improve basic arithmetic and reasoning skills.
- Decision Making: Choosing between moving one pawn a greater distance or two pawns a shorter distance involves critical decision-making.
- Teamwork and Collaboration: When played in teams, the game fosters a sense of cooperation and collective strategy.
- Turn-Taking: Learning to wait for one's turn and understanding the flow of the game teaches patience and fairness.
- Sportsmanship: The game teaches kids how to win and lose gracefully, an important life skill.
- Emotional Regulation: Managing excitement or disappointment during the game helps in emotional maturity.
- Risk Assessment: Deciding when to take a risk, like forming a "jOdi" or "taking out" an opponent, teaches kids to weigh risks and rewards.
Fine Motor Skills:
- Hand-Eye Coordination: Rolling the dice and moving the pawns help in developing fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Cultural Appreciation: Being a traditional Indian game, it helps children connect with their cultural heritage and understand the diversity of games across India.
Language and Communication:
- Vocabulary: Learning terms like "jOdi," "Ghattas," and "daaLa" can enrich a child's vocabulary and understanding of regional languages.
Pagade is not just a game but a holistic educational tool that offers a balanced mix of cognitive, social, emotional, and cultural development opportunities for children.